Arkansas United Joins 143 Organizations to
Advocate for Fair and Accurate Census
Arkansas Counts partner Arkansas United advocates for U.S. Census Bureau operational changes in response to Covid-19 pandemic.
These Changes Would Mean Hard-to-Count Populations Receive Money and Power
Arkansas United is among 143 organizations to reach out to legislators to advocate for the U.S. Census Bureau shift the enumeration process to ensure hard-to-count populations complete the census. This advocacy has been spearheaded by The Leadership Conference Education Fund and Census Counts 2020 These changes include:
- Send at least two additional census mailings between May – August
- Update the 2020 U.S. Census integrated communications campaign
- Provide additional assistance for completing the census form
- Update guidance for stakeholders
- Reimagine Mobile Questionnaire Assistance operations
- Schedule operations for counting people experiencing homelessness
- Provide data to stakeholders to support outreach
- Conduct a post-enumeration survey
Join us in expressing gratitude to Arkansas United and the countless organizations leading action to ensure Arkansas Counts!