According to the U.S. Census Bureau, “The Secretary of Commerce has announced a target date of October 5, 2020, to conclude 2020 Census self-response and field data collection operations.” This means we have FIVE MORE DAYS to MOVE THE COUNT in Arkansas for the 2020 U.S. Census. The bureau will continue to accept census surveys and deploy staff to households that have not yet responded.
So here’s what you can do between now and October 5, 2020, to ensure Arkansas Counts:
- Stop what you’re doing and tell 20 people you know to complete the census at My2020Census.gov — call, text, email, or message people on social media you think may have not completed the census, and encourage them to tell 20 people to do the same
- Share our content on social media and make sure to tag people you know between now and the new deadline — we’re @ARCensus2020 on Facebook and @ar_census on Twitter
- If you’re a member of a faith community, encourage your faith leader to encourage members of your community to get counted at My2020Census.gov — here are resources to help faith leaders MOVE THE COUNT
- If you own a business, encourage your employees and customers to get counted — here are some great ideas to get you started
- If you are a parent, educator, or physician, here are some adorable back-to-school materials
Arkansas Counts partners are grateful for the extra time to Get Out the Count in Arkansas. Let’s make the most of these next five days!